The Tanzania Investment Centre (TIC) is the Primary Agency of the Government to coordinate, encourage, promote and facilitate investment in Tanzania and to advise the Government on investment policy and related matters.
The agency deals with all enterprises whose minimum capital investment is not less than US $ 300,000 if foreign owned or US $ 100,000 if locally owned. Enterprises engaged in mining and petroleum shall follow the approval process contained in their respective laws. However, the agency shall assist all investors to obtain permits, authorization etc. required by other laws to set up and operate investments in Tanzania.
TIC’s functions include:
- Creating and maintaining a positive climate for private sector investment;
- Providing advice to the Government on investment related matters;
- Stimulating local and foreign investments;
- Facilitating foreign and local investors;
- Stimulating and supporting the growth of Entrepreneurship and SMEs in Tanzania;
- Providing and disseminating up-to-date information on investment opportunities and incentive available to investors;
- Monitoring the Tanzania business environment and growth of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the Country.
Tanzania Investment Centre
Shaaban Robert Street
P.O. Box 938
Dar es Salaam
Zanzibar Investment Centre